Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Waste of Justices time

Well if you haven't seen or heard by now the lastest Harry Potter book is about to hit the stores. The official time that you can begin to purchase it is 12:01 am on July 16th.

This book sales are going to be huge, I mean a couple of months ago the title was unveiled on the Today show and kids and adults both were sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to hear them say, It will be call Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

So today I am looking at my yahoo page getting caught up on all the real news and I read a story about a grocery store that sells 14 copies by mistake. You would think well no big deal right. Ahhhh no.

It happened in Coquitlam, British Columbia where a clerk put them out not realizing what he was doing. So the publishing company gets involved by taking it to court. Court!

A justice ruled that they people couldn't look at it, read it , or even keep it until the day it is suppose to be released. They are going to be getting the book with a autograph by Rowlings and some other goodies but give me a break.

Is the crime rate so low in British Columbia that this gets immediate attention? Can't you hear the exces now, Heavens the book is out now 14 people will know before the rest of the world. Arge, what if they tell? I guess those 14 people in a week could read the 600 page plus book and tell us all and then nobody would buy their own copy.

Probably was a good idea, not to mention a great PR move. Almost as good a move as when I got mad as a kid and stopped a basketball game cause they wouldn't pass me the ball and I went home. Well it was my ball you know.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=492&e=1&u=/ap/harry_potter_early_sale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home